Faculty: Ann HoodSubmit the opening 25 pages of a memoir-in-progress plus a one-page synopsis. Synopsis should include the following: one brief paragraph summarizing the memoir and status of the project (i.e., unfinished first draft, completed first draft, completed draft which has undergone multiple revisions, etc.). If you are submitting a portion which appears later in the work (for example, pages 25-50), provide a detailed synopsis of the pages prior to your submission (e.g. pages 1-24).
Required format for writing samples:
- Page numbers must be consecutive throughout.
- Font must be 12 pt Times New Roman.
- Margins must be 1-inch.
- All prose manuscripts must be double spaced and contain a header or footer with page numbers and author's name.
- No extra spacing between paragraphs except that which indicates transitions.
- If you submit more than 25 pages prose, the coordinator will cut as necessary.
- Do not include title pages or dedications.